Assistant Professor, School of Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- [01/20/2021] BaseSpec is accepted to NDSS'21
- [09/28/2020] FFmalloc is accepted to Usenix Security '21
- [05/01/2020] Our Pwn2Own 2020 winning submission for Safari is accepted to Black Hat USA 2020!
- [03/18/2020] Our team won Pwn2Own 2020 by exploiting Apple Safari with a kernel privilege escalation ($70K)!
- [02/07/2020] DIE is accepted to Oakland'20!
- [12/18/2019] ArcHeap is accepted to Security'20!
- [08/12/2019] r00timentary got 8th place in DEFCON CTF.
- [07/23/2019] I finally made a full-chain exploit for Safari in mac OS 10.14.5.
- Pwn2Own 2020, Apple Safari with a kernel privilege escalation (SSLab_Gatech, $70K), Mar 2020
- DEFCON 27 CTF, 8th grade (r00timentary), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2019
- DEFCON 26 CTF, 1st grade (DEFKOR00T), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2018
- DEFCON 24 CTF, 3rd grade (DEFKOR), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2016
- DARPA Cyber Grand Challenge (CGC), 7th grade (Disekt), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2016
- Whitehat contest 2015, 1st place (SysSec), Seoul, Korea, Nov 2015
- DEFCON 23 CTF, 1st place (DEFKOR), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2015
- DEFCON 22 CTF, 10th place (GoN), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2014
- SECCON CTF 2014, 1st place(TOEFL Beginner), Tokyo, Japan, Feb 2014
- Codegate CTF 2012, 3rd place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Apr 2012
- Secuinside CTF 2011, 3rd place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Oct 2011
- ISEC CTF 2011, 1st place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Sep 2011
- DEFCON 18 CTF, 3rd place (KAIST@Postech), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2010
- Codegate CTF 2010, 5th place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Apr 2010
- KISA HDCON 2009, 2nd place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, May 2009
- Codegate CTF 2009, 4th place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Apr 2009